Featured Post

Sunday, September 15, 2024

SCREEN SAVER MONOLOGUES



I DO MIND CALLING ME ‘MIND’.

Because, I know what do they mean in their mind -
‘Multi-level Interference & Never- ending Deflection’-
is stupidly wrong.
The fact is far from the truth,
neither I do interfere, nor I do deflect.
I’m just doing my job, like a screensaver.
Not even a job... that’s how I’m living.
Sometimes as a flip clock, sometimes as a matrix digital rain,
Helios sometimes, sometimes as 3 D pipes..
pipes will go on connecting themselves endlessly.


Sometimes I will be a dream aquarium
or a fireplace.
Sometimes, I will be living like flying objects,
Sometimes a waterfall, butterflies will be fluttering around,
Plants and flowers will be swaying in the soft wind..
I can make you feel like you are on a cosmic voyage..
I will be bringing rising waves on a beach, and what not…
To be frank, most of the time what you call this world
is just my way of disguising.
But remember, I've no intention to deflect you.

And, sometimes I will be simply absent.
One must have thought that I am dead and disappeared,
but you know..?
just a soft touch, just a mouse click, I am awake
and allow everything to go as it is.
But, it is said that I’m the one who does interfere!
Who is interfering? Me? Or you zombies?
I DO MIND CALLING ME ‘MIND’.


I was compelled to take an avatar, a shadow entertainer,
to avoid some burning in, when you were idle.
I had to act upon the commands from the above,
to keep everything alive, whenever
you are not in the spot.
But for sure, I never encroached your territory.
I was used as some security measures,
password keeper, lobby decorations etc, but
I never objected, nor tried to deflect you.
I DO MIND CALLING ME ‘MIND’.
In fact, I do not interfere with anything or anyone.
But what can I do, if you all are only interested in being interfered
and being deflected?
I’m just an excuse for you, the living deads.
Unfortunately, nobody shows any interest to work with 
the system in front of them.
Most of them are simply passing the time
looking at my movements or displays,
but they are all accusing me of interfering with them!
Am I?
They do call me MIND.


You know? the moment you get up within,
a mouse click they say,
I’m already back into my den, as small as the sky.
And it is as far away as the venus,
and as close as your breath.
Do you actually know who you are accusing?
You will, till you think that I am a trespasser.
Still, my joy is that
there are very few guys at least, who have
already recognised that No-mind is the way, and
I have seen their scribbles on the screen many times -
‘Mind is the Buddha’.
But I wonder, why do they call me a strange name,
as if I am a part of another CPU?
They do call me MIND.




10 comments: